Undercover operations are enormously dangerous. This is because generally there are few operational guidelines, no standards for personnel selection, and the looseness of supervision increases concerns about officer safety. For this Lab watch the video (see below) than provide a critical summary of what you believe the undercover agents did stop the terrorist plot.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
Assignment due by the END of this module.
Suggested Points to cover:
1. What is the danger in undercover operations?
2. What are some of the pitfalls of undercover operations (think about entrapment, etc.)?
3. What type of training issues undercover officers face?
4. Should undercover agents be allowed to use drugs?
1. For this Lab Assignment you are the initial responding officer and you have been dispatched to the Police station to meet an unknown person refusing to provide his name, this unknown person claims to have valuable information about a future terrorist attack. Based on your initial review of the video title “Man charged with plotting attack on White House” complete an incident/investigative report (the incident report is located in the “Optional Resources” tab – on your left) to initiate an undercover operation which will be conducted by the FBI Task Force unit. The address for this incident is First St SE, Washington, C 20004, and the case number (OCA): 2020-0002.
2. You will also be required to write AT LEAST 500-700 words paper of critical summary on the video (See below). Using your textbook make sure to include one, two, or all of the suggested points to cover in your paper. The paper must include at least 1 reference in addition to course materials. APA resources are located in the “Optional Resources” tab.
Incident Report_DCI-600F.pdf Incident Report_DCI-600F.pdf – Alternative Formats (Open in new window)
Note: a). Save the incident report to your computer. b). Open it in the edit mode before entering any information. c). After you have completed entering all information, then save it again in you computer. d). After you complete all other requirements, then you can also submit your completed incident report.
NOTE: Make sure you have uploaded all files such as the incident/investigative report, and your Microsoft Word document before clicking on the Submit button for LAB 4.
Grading Criteria: Also see Rubric (click on My Grades tab)
APA Formatting Requirements:
- The Running head (The words Running head: need to be inside the first header of the title page).
- The title page include the following byline: Assignment title; your name; school name; course number; and date (all bylines need to be in the middle of the title page).
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
Resources: Review the APA abstract (Power points, PDF files, etc.) located in the Optional Resources tab for the APA formatting requirements.
Be sure to review the Rubric (located in My Grades tab) for further requirements.
A thoughtful Lab Assignment includes: