Unit 2 DB: What makes the brain “tick”? Fundamental of psychology
For this discussion, answer the following questions:
- What are three (3) facts you learned about the brain that you didn’t know before? Please be sure to provide examples.
- Why do you personally think that learning more about the brain is helpful in studying psychology? Please be sure to provide examples.
- If you could choose any nervous system disorder to study, which disorder would you choose, and why? Look up three (3) facts about your chosen disorder to share with your classmates.
Be sure to provide the URL link(s) and/or title(s) to any resource used as reference in your post. 200 words
Unit 1 Discussion: Perception. communication class
In this unit, you are learning about how perception affects social situations. According to your textbook, we use four types of cognitive schemata (schemas) to make sense of perceptions: prototypes, personal constructs, stereotypes, and scripts. We apply schemata to organize and interpret experiences in our lives. The schemata shape our perceptions and influence how we communicate.
For this discussion board:
- Read chapter 2 in your textbook to find information to help you understand the concepts discussed in this assignment.
- Find a recent example in the media that features a stereotype. (Your choice of media can be a commercial, scene in a movie/TV show, social media video, etc. that you saw in the past year. )
- Explain how the stereotype influenced the social situation in the media clip.
- Please include an APA reference for your media clip. (To find the proper way to format resources, use Academic Writer link on the left sidebar of Blackboard.)
- In response to your peers, briefly share an experience where your perception influenced communication in a social situation. (Please respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial posts.)
In Chapter 4 of your textbook, titled Listening Effectively, Julia T. Wood writes that we often think about communication as talking, but listening is also part of the process. When people dont listen well on the job, they may miss crucial information that can impact their performance. In our personal lives, ineffective listening may cause misunderstandings.
For this reflective assignment, answer the following questions:
- How can you become a more effective listener?
- How can becoming a better listener help you manage conflict or relationships, both in your personal and professional life?
- The assignment should be reflective of your personal thoughts and experiences and do not require citations or incorporation of unit resources or materials.
- This assignment should be one double-spaced page and does not require APA references or a cover page.
- Because this is a reflective assignment, your grade will be based on completion rather than content quality.