Focusing on the vulnerable population you described in the Unit 3 discussion, choose a community agency that serves that vulnerable population. Contact a community agency leader within that organization (like the director of the organization) to interview over the phone or through email to learn more about the agency. Develop an evidence-based COVID-19-related community-based education intervention project for the vulnerable population that includes interprofessional collaboration with the community-based agency.
- Describe the vulnerable population.
- Describe what makes the population vulnerable.
- Provide demographic information about the population.
- Identify a community agency that serves the vulnerable population.
- Provide the organizations name.
- Provide the name and position (title) of the community agency leader within the organization that you contacted and interviewed.
- Describe the services provided by the community agency.
- Describe interprofessional collaboration with the community organization
- How would this agency facilitate the delivery of an educational intervention impacting the health of the vulnerable population?
- Propose an evidence-based COVID-19 related education intervention to improve the vulnerable population’s health outcomes.
- Explain the rationale for the education intervention you chose.
- Explain how you anticipate the education intervention will improve health outcomes for the vulnerable population.
- Discuss the method or approach you propose to deliver the education intervention.
- Discuss how you would measure whether the education was effective.
Examples of education and evaluation methods that might be delivered include the following:
- Staff training using a two-page handout on COVID-19 policies for community-based organizations serving vulnerable populations followed by a short quiz
- Creating COVID-19-related health education materials on a brochure for a vulnerable population served by a community-based organization followed by return demonstration of using hand sanitizer
This assignment is part of experiential learning for this course and must be successfully completed in order to pass the course. If the student fails to successfully complete any part of the Unit 3 IP assignment, the instructor will specify the failure in the grade comments and assign a 0 grade. The student may resubmit the assignment one time with corrections and a 20% penalty of total possible points.
Students are not to have any in-person contact with the vulnerable population or community agency during the pandemic. The education and evaluation plans are proposals that will be created in the Unit 4 IP but not delivered in-person to the vulnerable population.
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project (IP) Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the IP. It is the road map that can help you in the development of your IP. Individual Project Grading Rubric
discussion 3 post
rimary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 250 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. You are required to use 1 scholarly resource in addition to your textbook. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Identify the vulnerable population in your community that will be the focus of your Unit 3 IP. Provide a description of the vulnerable population and available resources, including the following:
- Demographics of the vulnerable population
- Social determinants that create the vulnerable status
- Community resources and services to assist this population
- Veterans Affairs Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control
- message from my instructor please make sure when talking to your agency leaders You find an educational need they perceive the vulnerable populations they serve could benefit from as it relates to Covid-19, and not what you think would be beneficial for you to do. This is part of the interprofessional collaboration piece of the assignment ??You are to treat the Individual Project as if you would be presenting it to the vulnerable group! The presentation should be grammatically correct and have a professional appearance!
Much of what we have discussed in this course has centered around Covid-19.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me…..
Have a great week??
Dr. Gant9:05 AMHello,
Please make sure you provide contact information for the community agency in case I have questions about their suitability for the individual project.
I hope you had a great weekend ??
- Also I am Floridian thank you for your help.