In week 2 you will prepare for your scientific and economic inquiry paper (the first of 2 big sections of the paper). For the discussion post you will follow my outline but fill in the content you will include for each section using the fillable document template. In the Evidence of Connection section, you will need to make the link between your injustice and medical condition (think pathophysiology how does the injustice cause the medical condition in a physiological level). In the three Medical Diagnosis sections you need to elaborate on three medical conditions that falls under the medical condition in your research question and elaborate on how it effects your population. In the economic burden section, you will need to compressively discuss the impact your injustice has on the economy. Everyone will explore the medical costs but other a minimum of one other (environmental think clean up, loss of productivity, legal fees, public services, or other industries impacted).
For your peer responses I would like you to help your classmates find 2 scholarly sources for their topics and give them some suggestions on content they can add to make their paper more comprehensive. To know for sure if your providing scholarly sources what you should do it look to see if the beginning of the paper has an abstract. It will be the first section in the article. In your responses you should have them organized like I have in the example below. You should never present content that will be graded sloppy and leave it up to the professor to figure out what it is. You risk a lower grade because you confused the grader.
Outline template: type right in the document. It is fillable.
Outline template (10).docx Download Outline template (10).docx
Evidence of connection: Decline in Bee populations and chronic disease
- Bees are responsible for providing pollination services to crops
- Their populations have been in decline for several decades
- Without bees there would be significantly less produce
- Produce provides micronutrients that are active in pathways that prevent disease
Medical diagnosis one: Cardiovascular disease
- Define CVD
- Significant evidence exists that a diet high in produce that is dependent on pollination decrease CVD risk
Medical Diagnosis two: Diabetes
- Define diabetes
- Significant evidence exists that a diet high in produce that is dependent on pollination decrease DM risk
Medical diagnosis three: Stroke
- Define stroke
- Significant evidence exists that a diet high in produce that is dependent on pollination decrease stroke risk
- Health care cost
- Production of produce for human consumption
- Production of produce and crops for animal feed
- Production of honey