Provide your analysis of the case from the lens of ethical and moral principles. Responses to your group members posts will prompt further examination of the case.
These cases put a spotlight on issues of disability, informed consent, and family, including the different ways individuals, even within the same family, assess what makes a life worth living. Other issues that emerge are medical discrimination that allegedly led to the death of their loved ones. There are several articles to guide your reading and videos for added insight into these two cases.
- Te Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research
- The relevance of the Hippocratic Oath to the ethical and moral values of contemporary medicine. Part I: The Hippocratic Oath from antiquity to modern times. EditEditDownload The relevance of the Hippocratic Oath to the ethical and moral values of contemporary medicine. Part I: The Hippocratic Oath from antiquity to modern times.
- The relevance of the Hippocratic Oath to the ethical and moral values of contemporary medicine. Part II: Interpretation of the Hippocratic Oath-today’s perspective.
As you read the assigned ethical/moral dilemma case for your group:
- Examine and discuss as a group the ethical dilemma using the main principles of ethics, the framework for decision-making: respect for autonomy, beneficence, nonmaleficence, and justice (Belmont Report, 1979). Include in your analysis a discussion of the failures of these four principles and the implications of lack of informed consent.
- Additionally, discuss the assigned case considering ethical violations of medicine that directly harmed the patient and disregard codes of medical and moral values Hippocratic Oath. To do so, examine whether the general ethical and moral values of the Hippocratic Oath were violated or alternatively, justified. Explain.
- Provide a reflection on the ethical and moral dilemma case study.
- Although responses to the other groups discussion is not mandatory, it is encouraged that you examine the other ethical and moral dilemma case because both represent valid concerns with the medical community and serious disregard for human dignity and value of life.
Its Genocide: Family Alleges Ominous Conclusion in Seeking Answers to Their Daughters Death Download Its Genocide: Family Alleges Ominous Conclusion in Seeking Answers to Their Daughters Death
Scott Schara: Pfizer Drugs & Medical Malpractice Killed His Daughter Grace EditDownload Scott Schara: Pfizer Drugs & Medical Malpractice Killed His Daughter Grace
Our Amazing Grace (Links to an external site.) Our Amazing Grace: News Release – World Wide Genocide
Grace Scharaan inquisitive young woman with Down-Syndromedied a tragic and preventable death at a Wisconsin hospital. Rather than using treatments proven to combat COVID-19, Ascensions St. Elizabeths Hospital followed the U.S. governments ineffective COVID-19 treatment protocols, for which they reap significant financial rewards. On the final day of Graces life, as her doctor assured her parents she was doing well, Dr. Gavin Shokar also unilaterally labeled Grace a DNR and ordered a lethal combination of IV sedatives and narcoticsa fatal combination of the drugs Precedex, Lorazepam, and Morphinewhich were administered over an incredibly short period of time.