1. Based on this week and last week’s materials, provide a brief overview of how Indian Removal plans/policies emerged.
2. Based on the “Indian Removal Overview” article, how did the 5 native nations in the southeast attempt to resist forced removal?
3. Describe what was happening in this week’s textbook chapter, “Jackson’s White Republic.” What was a key passage or quote, and why did it stand out to you?
4. Next, analyze Andrew Jacksons two speeches (inaugural speech and second annual message.) Who is his intended audience in each speech, and what are his goals regarding US dealings with American Indian tribes? How would you describe the overall language/tone Jackson uses in his speeches? Please use quotes from the speeches to illustrate your points.
5. After, please analyze Andrew Jackson’s” Letter to the Cherokee”. Who was Jackson’s intended audience? What was the purpose in the letter, and how was it constructed? How would you describe the overall language/tone used in the letter? What were some key quotes/parts that stood out to you, and why?
6. What kind of patterns or trajectory do you notice in Jackson’s two speeches? How is Jackson’s “Letter to the Cherokee” different from his two speeches, and why?
7. Lastly, please reflect on this week’s materials overall. What resonated with you, and why? How do this week’s materials build off of our previous materials?
Don’t forget that your original post should reach the 400 minimum word requirement, and remember to also post a response of at least 200 words to a peer!