You are required to write a 2,500 word report on the customer experience (CX) strategy of Samsung
for their mobile phone product lines. You should base your report on the analysis of their CX strategy
in one specific country in which they operate, which you must identify in the introduction to your
You should write your report for the Board of Directors. Within the business report, reference
should be made to relevant CX concepts, literature and application as appropriate. Only use tables to
answer the requirements where it is suggested to do so.
You need to address the following tasks:
1. The importance of customer experience : you should define and explain what is
meant by and included under the term customer experience. Appraise the importance of CX
in the case of Samsung mobile phones.
2. Customer journey : explain what a customer journey is and why it is important to
CS strategy, including the purpose of each of the main elements: journey stage, activities,
feelings and needs.
3. Persona creation : explain what a consumer persona is and evaluate its role in
developing effective CS strategy. In application to Samsung identify and justify three key,
different consumer personas. Select one of the three consumer personas and for this
persona provide the following elements in a visual format (table or graphic):
a. Demographics and story
c. Motivations for using a Samsung mobile
d. Goals for using a Samsung
e. Painpoints a Samsung mobile solves
4. Mapping the customer journey (8 marks) In relation to your most significant consumer
persona identified in task 3, using a table, map their customer journey. This should include
a. Stages of journey
c. Feelings and needs
d. Potential opportunities for improvement
(Suggested word count: n/a since table format.)
5. Omnichannel marketing : explain what is meant by omnichannel marketing and
the role of interaction and customisation in omnichannel marketing. Identify for Samsung
mobiles the different marketing channels used and analyse how effective Samsung is in
achieving a seamless customer journey.
6. CX performance metrics: identify 5 CX performance metrics and evaluate their
importance. This can be presented in table format. Propose and explain which 2 are the
most important in the case of Samsung mobiles.
7. CX processes in different industries : briefly compare the CX processes in
Samsung to that of another company of your own choice in another industry and discuss and
explain 5 key success factors common to both. Appraise the role of the CX governance in
driving successful CX strategy.
8. Conclusion (5 marks): having completed your report provide a conclusion on how effective
Samsung’s CX strategy is, using evidence from the previous seven tasks to support your
9. Presentation : present your report in a structured and professional manner using
Harvard referencing guidelines.