Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 10 and 11 (including Participation Activities), reviewing Challenge Activities 10.1.1, 10.2.1, and 11.2.1 in your text. Additionally, research a minimum of two credible sources, as indicated by the Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table, to use in your Final Project, formatted in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center APA Style (Links to an external site.) It is recommended that you also review the resources from Week 4.
In this Final Project, you will use all the skills you have acquired throughout the course to modify the program you created in Week 4. You will also analyze and explain your modifications to the program and reflect on the real-world use and importance of C++ programming language.
Review the instructor and peer feedback you received for the Online Shopping Cart System program assignment you created in Week 4. Based on that feedback and your own review, modify the program where you
- Demonstrate how the program can use both inheritance and recursion techniques by deploying these concepts to the design. This task can be achieved by using additional code and renaming your program.
- Include in the program
- appropriate arithmetic operators;
- input/output methods;
- selection statements such as if-else or at least one looping statement; and
- use of a data structure, such as arrays or vectors, and display the output.
- Model classes and their relationship.
Copy the source code and paste it into your final analysis. Include a screenshot of the output. Upload all necessary files (such as H or CPP files).
C++ Programming Written Analysis
In addition to your program, write a one- to two-page analysis in which you describe the types of tests you ran on your program as well as the outcome of your program. Explain how the fundamentals of programming in C++ apply to your modifications. Justify the decisions you made for the modifications, explaining new features or functionality of your revised program. Explain how you would realistically use the C++ programming language, providing examples of how you might use it in your current or future career. Examine best practices for using C++ programming language in the field. Your paper should include properly cited sources as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center.
The Online Shopping Cart System Revisited Final Project
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick n Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.