You have been hired as an IT expert by a small startup company todevelop a technology project proposal that outlines a technology plan toset up an office for approximately 20 office staff members. Half of theoffice will work with desktop computers and the remaining with laptopcomputers using wireless networks. Employees will be permitted to usetheir own mobile devices on the network. The office will need at leastone networked laser printer that employees can print to from thenetwork. Each desktop computer will require access to the wired networkand all the laptop computers will require wireless network access. Allcomputers should be able to print to the network and access theinternet.
This week, you will submit Phase 2 of the final Portfolio Project. Phase 2 should include the following:
- Project Beneficiaries:Write a description of all who will derive direct benefit from this phase of the project and explain how they will benefit.
- Project Deliverables:Write adescription of the computer-network hardware necessary to set up thecomputer networks and the necessary software and protocols. Include thefollowing topics:
- Routers and switches
- Wireless access points
- Hardware and software firewalls
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NDIS)
- Cables and connectors required for the physical network
- Logical and physical network topologies
- Which IP address versions (IPv4 or IPv6) will be utilized and why
- IP address pool for the network
- Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) solution.