I’m working on a nursing writing question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you carry out steps of the evidence-based practice process in relation to a health care challenge presented in media and readings. After your assessment is completed and evaluated, submit it to Smarthinking and request feedback on a writing skill you are interested in or concerned about.
In addition to critically appraising qualitative research, one of the roles of a health care leader is to interpret qualitative study results and determine the significance of and potential impact the evidence may have in the evidence-based practice process. In this assessment, you will apply several steps of the EBP process to a health care challenge.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply the steps of the evidence-based practice process to a health care challenge.
- Construct a PICOT question based on the information provided.
- Implement a search strategy for the best evidence based on a PICOT question.
- Recommend strategies to implement an evidence-based intervention.
- Competency 2: Evaluate qualitative research methods as they relate to evidence-based practice.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence provided in a study in relationship to a health care challenge.
- Competency 3: Interpret the results and significance of qualitative health care data analyses in the evidence-based practice process.
- Interpret the results of studies and their implications in relation to a health care challenge.
- Competency 5: Apply knowledge of your own role and those of other professions to appropriately assess and address the health care needs of patients and to promote and advance the health of populations.
- Analyze how health care professionals in multiple roles can apply the findings in a qualitative study to improve practice.
- Competency 6: Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
- Write clearly and concisely in a logically coherent and appropriate form and style.
For this assessment, you will apply these steps of EBP to address a health care challenge for an organization. The health care challenge, organizational details, and qualitative research evidence are provided via the following resources.
- Vila Health: The Best Evidence for a Healthcare Challenge.
- Carlfjord, S., Öhrn, A., & Gunnarsson, A. (2018). Experiences from ten years of incident reporting in health care: A qualitative study among department managers and coordinators. BMC Health Services Research, 18, 19.
Write a paper in which you carry out several steps of the evidence-based practice process in relation to a health care challenge presented in media and readings. These instructions include scoring guide criteria and explanatory details as needed.
Construct a PICOT Question based on the information provided.
- This is Step 1 of the process. Summarize the PICOT components of the health care challenge presented in the media piece and the study, and construct a PICOT question on which you will base your search for additional evidence for an appropriate intervention to improve the health care challenge.
Implement a search strategy for the best evidence based on your PICOT question.
- Step 2 of the EBP process is to search for the best evidence based on your PICOT question. Search for the best research evidence in one additional study that will support the CNO’s suggested intervention or the best research evidence that supports an alternative intervention. Identify and summarize the study you found for this purpose in the Capella library.
- Describe your search strategy, and explain how you determined it would lead to the best evidence for your PICOT. Defend why the study you found contains the best evidence for your question.
Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence provided in the study in relationship to the health care challenge.
- Step 3 is to rapidly appraise the studies. Critically appraise the study provided and the one you found. Consider the research design and methods in relation to the evidence presented when you choose a critical appraisal tool and complete an appraisal for each study.
Interpret the evidence and its implications in relation to a health care challenge.
- Step 4 is to integrate research evidence with internal evidence, clinical expertise, patient preferences and values, and make recommendations based on all of the data and information. In this part of your paper, synthesize all of the evidence, including research evidence, organizational data, and staff perceptions.
Recommend strategies to implement an evidence-based intervention.
- Complete Step 4 of EBP by recommending the intervention in your PICOT supported by a synthesis of the evidence presented in the studies.
Analyze how health care professionals in multiple roles may apply the findings in a qualitative study to improve practice.
- Conclude by reflecting on how your own role and other roles may improve practice based upon your interpretation of the implications of the studies. This part of your paper reaches beyond the steps of EBP to address how interprofessional collaboration and communication can lead to improvements in health care.
- APA Format: Citations and references in APA format.
- Page Length: 46 pages, not including title and references pages.
- Writing: Write clearly and concisely in a logically coherent and appropriate form and style.
- Smarthinking: Submit your completed and evaluated assessment to Smarthinking. Request feedback about a writing skill you would like to improve.