By now you have gathered enough information and insights to develop a strategic change intervention for your chosen company. This week, you will generate a proposal from your outline. Refine your plan into some concrete action items. Consider yourself a strategic business partner in constructing and implementing an organizational intervention. Think about how to present your plan in an effective way to stakeholders. Consider what changes, good and bad, might result from your change intervention plan? Do you anticipate resistance to change? You will share your change intervention proposal and these thoughts with your peers in the Week 5 Discussion. Any valuable feedback should be integrated into your final proposal submission in Week 6.
Your final deliverable will be a 10-12 slide presentation or PDF of the presentation stating your findings. The presentation will illustrate your change intervention plan from beginning to end and will feature text, colorful graphics, and complete speakers notes (150 words per slide minimum), all of which will serve to make the presentation informative and engaging.
Here are the key components of your project:
- State the company name.
- Describe the intervention and why change is necessary.
- List steps for change.
- Summarize appropriate actions for department leaders to plan, implement, and manage the change.
- Describe the skills and principles that support effective change leadership.
- Estimate how long will it take.
- Describe the people involved in managing the change.
- Discuss barriers and resistance to change and how to overcome them.
- Summarize how to handle any backlash the company encounters from employees.
- Include complete speakers notes of at least 150 words per slide.
- Include a References slide as the last slide.
Use all appropriate citations and APA formatting for your references. The Writing Center has information on use of APA with Presentations if you are not sure.
Point Value: 10 Points
Weekly Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 2, 3
Course Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.