You work in a gynecological office, and your office has been asked to participate in a womens health fair. The focus of the fair is health promotion. Preventative screening for female reproductive disorders is vital to identify and treat rapidly to produce the best patient outcomes. Preventative screening includes mammogram and Pap smear and should be performed based on recommended age and associated risk factors. To promote preventative screening, your office will be creating brochures to distribute at the health fair.
Design a womens health brochure by choosing one of the female reproductive disorders covered in this module. In the brochure, include the following:
- Overview of the disease including disease process, signs and symptoms, and risk factors
- Preventative screening
- Diagnostics tests
- Multidimensional nursing care intervention
|Module 02 Discussion – Male Reproductive Disorders|
Jose is a 55-year-old Hispanic, male, migrant worker who speaks limited English. He presented to the emergency room with complaints of edema of the scrotum, urinary retention, and hematuria. He does not have any pertinent past medical history. He is married and has five young children. He states he has been having problems for a while but delayed seeing the doctor because of his work schedule and limited money. The doctor performs a digital rectal examination in the office and finds that Joses prostate is enlarged.
Male reproductive disorders can make a great impact on the patients life. Based on the case study, answer the following questions in your discussion post.
- Discuss the potential disease processes and signs and symptoms related to the disease process that Jose may be exhibiting?
- How would you provide multidimensional care to include cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, physical, and emotional needs for Jose?
You are a nurse on a pulmonary rehabilitation team at an outpatient clinic in your community. You are updating educational resources to educate clients who want to know more about health promotion and maintenance and improving pulmonary health related to their lung conditions.
Create an infographic for a lower respiratory system disorder that includes the following components:
- Risk factors associated with the common lower respiratory system disorder.
- Description of three priority treatments for the lower respiratory disorder.
- Description of interprofessional collaborative care team members and their roles to improve health outcomes for the lower respiratory system disorder.
- Description of three multidimensional nursing care strategies that support health promotion and maintenance for clients with the lower respiratory system disorder.
- Description of a national organization as a support resource for your client specific to the lower respiratory system disorder.
Initial Post; PNEUMONIA
Choose one of the infectious respiratory disorders from this module to discuss the multidimensional care strategies for this disorder. List these interventions based on priority and include rationale as to why you prioritized in this manner.
Cardiac disease a one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Since it is so prevalent, you want to ensure your co-workers are fully prepared to care for patients. You are hosting a lunch to provide a refresher on heart disease and how to care for patients. During the lunch, you will present a PowerPoint Presentation to your co-workers.
Choose one of the cardiac diseases that we covered in the last two modules. Within your presentation include:
- Provide a detailed overview of the disease process
- Multidimensional care including risk reduction, health promotion, and nursing interventions specific to the disease process
Initial post; LEUKEMIA
Pick one hematological disorder covered in this module. For this disorder, identify and describe three treatment strategies for the disorder.
What challenges could arise in carrying out these strategies and providing care to the patient?